Call for Innovative Energy Solutions in Extremadura
Increasing general knowledge on energy issues, fostering collaboration between key actors and promoting the development of new energy solutions for the benefit of society
Description of the challenge
According to the innovation needs identified, to achieve the changes desired for 2040 Extremadura needs new spaces, tools and resources that put citizens at the heart of the energy transition. Establishing alternative organisational models for satisfying energy needs – such as Energy Community Models – will favour the development of new, fairer and more sustainable solutions in our region.
The challenge is to offer the adequate spaces, knowledge and tools to citizens o they can best take up different courses of action contributing to sustainable energy transition solutions. This could mean creating unique meeting points for citizens and the main stakeholders in the region, boosting collaboration between them and facilitating access to relevant information to enable the active participation of citizens in the energy transition process. The resources and information provided in the spaces must be adapted to the characteristics of the region and understandable by all target audiences.
For a full description of the challenge, please review “Complete description of the challenge”.
Why should you apply?
- This is an opportunity to co-develop and validate your solution in a real-world context.
- Receive €50,000 to develop your solution until November 2023
- Opportunity to network and learn from organisations across Europe who are also involved in energy transition
There is more information on the Extremadura Call for solutions.
Who can apply?
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- Applicants must be headquartered in eligible countries based in an EU member state (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom) or H2020 associated country (Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia and Armenia).
- Applicants must be legal entities in a situation to receive public funding (Commission Regulation (EU) No 651/2014 of 17 June 2014 declaring certain categories of aid compatible with the internal market in application of Articles 107 and 108 of the Treaty).
- Absence of double public funding. The very same project activities cannot receive other public funds.
- The application form can be submitted in the local language (Spanish). The budget template and declaration of honour should be submitted in English. The submitted documentation should contain all requested elements specified. Incomplete proposals will not be taken into consideration.
- Applications have to be submitted before the deadline stated in the call 15th of November of 2022, 17:00 CET
- Applications shall include a declaration of honour duly signed by the legal representative.
- Please note that the co-creation process will be carried out in Spanish, so applicants must be able to communicate in that language.
Each application will be assessed against the eligibility criteria. The Applicants might be requested to provide additional explanations clarifying, in particular, their legal status, but no changes to the Application documentation are allowed once the Application is submitted. If so, applicants have up to 7-calendar days to correct or provide documents to complete their initial application.
Application from consortiums will also be considered.
The call will be open for 2 months with the call closing on the 15th November 2022 at 1700 CET. Applications should be submitted to this email address by the time and date of the call closing: email@example.com.
All of the following documents need to be completed, failure to submit all necessary documents will result in the application being rejected.
Approved languages for applications are Spanish or English.
Applications will be evaluated based on the Evaluation Criteria by a regional selection committee. Applications will be assessed individually by committee members and discussed during a collaborative assessment meeting. If it is difficult to decide between the top 3 applications, then these 3 potential solution providers will be invited to take part in oral presentations.
Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all questions and related answers will be published in the RIPEET Extremadura Call for Solutions FAQ document (Spanish version here).
No questions have currently been submitted, this document will be updated with questions and their responses as they arise.
15 September 2022
15 November 2022
- Call for solutions
- Complete description of the challenge
- Evaluation criteria
- FAQ document (Spanish version here).
ALL the following documents must be filled in and returned to email@example.com
- Application form – to be filled in by call applicants
- Budget template – to be filled in by call applicants
- Declaration of honour – a statement that all applicants need to sign to confirm that the information they have provided is correct